starting strength gym

Thread: Trx

Default Trx

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Before I begin.. I'm not into this, or actively practice it, but a friend today asked me to try some TRX with her so I tried it and man is that shit tough! I thought I would keep up a lot better than I did.. Anyone else have any experience in this? It's a totally different kind of tired and soreness.

Well it is mostly isometric movements so you're going to be pretty sore. Doesn't mean it is doing anything extra for you.

Meh. Rings are a better form of "suspension training."

well, presumably the squat part wasn't THAT challenging for you, but overall that's "specificity" biting you.

Also TRX has a lot of instability in some of the motions. If you're not used to it it will be extra hard for a while as your body overcontrols (e.g if you ski or snowboard or something think how tense you were in the beginning )

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Well it is mostly isometric movements so you're going to be pretty sore. Doesn't mean it is doing anything extra for you.
    Isometrics don't get me sore at all, but I feel, they help.

I was pretty sore that day and the next, but Monday's workout was amazing, no tightness and no pain.. I won't attribute it to the TRX just yet, maybe I'll give it a go for another few weekends and see if it is helping my recovery.

I'm assuming you boned her afterwards, yes?

starting strength coach development program
    I have to attend a trx training class on monday. It is going to be taught by our head trainer who I have never seen use them so I am expecting some valuable knowledge to be obtained.