starting strength gym

Thread: Anyone here doing the Agile 8?

Default Anyone here doing the Agile 8?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I read an article recently by Jim Wendler where he recommends doing a routine everyday called the Agile 8.

I'm thinking of given it a try. I constantly feel tight in the hamstrings and hips. Which I think is a byproduct of having a desk job and sitting in front of a computer 40+ hrs a week. I also have some hip pain in my left hip (hurts when I lift my left leg up to put pants on). Which I first noticed like 4 months ago (before starting the SS program) after waking up sleeping in my hip funny. Keep waiting for the pain to go away but so far it hasn't.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm 30 years older than I am when getting out of the bed in the morning or bending down to tie my shoes etc.

I'm hoping that doing the Agile 8 will help loosen me up. Maybe it will help me better with hitting depth in the squat or getting into position for deads.

Did it for a time (maybe not long enough), didn't notice much effect. Kept some of ideas around (ball on the butt against a wall seems to help my back when it acts up for instance), discarded others. What I've found with flexibility/mobility/rehab/prehab type shit is that there are so many different things you can spend time on, and if you just include all elements of such routines indiscriminately, you will waste time.

I have come to believe more in tailoring such routines for the individuals. Some need special hip warm-ups before squats, some need shoulder warm-ups before various pressing exercises, some need to stretch their hamstrings so they don't wind up in flexion as often, etc. You try some of these things for whenever some problem pops up, and keep it around if you notice it helping, otherwise you're wasting time you could be spending on something more productive. The agile 8 does take some time after all. Time you could spend on bis and tris after the main movements instead of on warmup.

What are the 8?

it's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    it's retarded.
    Watching very attractive women do the frog-stretch thing is awesome, though.

It's short and simple, shouldn't take away from your training unless you're really out of shap. Makes my back feel better and keeps me from tearing an adductor on the ice.

I want to point out that it's also awesome watching Bill do the frog thing.

My hamstrings are super tight. Same with my hips. The frog move is impossible for me to do. Also the move when you roll back and feet go over your head, touch ground, and then you roll forward and stretch your hamstrings. I can't get my legs/feet go over my head.

If I can't do some of these things, should I try and modify the movements? Try and build up to them over time?

You could just not do them

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerDog View Post
    You could just not do them
    Ok. I'll invest in shoes with Velcro instead of laces.