starting strength gym

Thread: end of LP?

Default end of LP?

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hello. I am male, 42 years old. I begun the s.s. model from the Barbell Prescripiton book 10 weeks ago. My initial weights was : Bodyweight 85 kg, squat 90kg, deadlift 130kg. Now i am 90kg bodyweight, squats 142,5kg X5 reps, 145kg X3 reps, deadlift180kg X5 reps.The last two weeks i am in andnced novice progrm, with a light squat day and bak off sets for the squat. But it seems that i am stuck. I tried 2 session the same weight for the squat, 145kg (319lbs) for 3 reps. It is time to move to a HLM programming?
    thank you .

Maybe, 10 weeks is not an exceptionally long LP but I don't know your training history. 320 squat and 400ish deadlift are not bad. You may not have done everything perfectly with LP, but without more information I'm gonna say you probably need more overall volume but a slower progression which would indicate intermediate level programming at this point. HLM is a good place to go at 42.

Maybe my usually bad sleep affects my recovery. Thank you very much. Time for Garage Gym warrior.