starting strength gym

Thread: Training with Prostate infection

Default Training with Prostate infection

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    good afternoon, i have recently been going through a prostate infection for the last 6 weeks. has anyone found that weight training causes any flare up of symptoms?
    i was feeling really good after 2 weeks of the symptoms subsiding, I went through a full squat session.That night and the next day my prostate was irritated quite a lot, symptoms were bad for the next week. Waited for the symptoms to subside again, did a training session again at 50 percent load, symptons flared up again.
    just curious as to what others have experienced, gleaning different opinions on the Web is discouraging, a lot of sites recommend no weight training at all.

Well I do know a few things about the prostate. One is that due to the fact that prostate has a low blood supply it is hard for antibiotics to cure an infection. The other is due to my personal experience. I had a procedure called a TURP, done to alleviate shops of BPH. I never had any pain, just was getting hard for me to empty my bladder. After the operation I waited a week and tried to do some lifting. If I remember correctly it was seated BB press. I got a shooting pain deep inside that let me know where the prostate was located. That night I pissed blood and got the chills. The doctor told me the strain from lifting caused the bleeding. So I guess it takes some time for the system to get back to normal. For sure sqts will put th most stress in that area.