starting strength gym

Thread: Ammo needs a super-shake!

Default Ammo needs a super-shake!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Started SS 9 weeks ago and started eating for it. I gained about 7 lbs. but now I am stuck at a pathetic 190 lbs. I need to eat more.
    Breakfast and dinner are pretty good, about 800 - 1000 calories each. My big challenge is my job. When I am at work I often have to go 5 or sometimes 6 hours with no chance to eat (barely time for bio break). I am in constant contact with the public, and so cannot be gnawing on a roast beef sandwich or anything else for that matter. The one solution I have come up with is: protein shake. I can put it in a thermos and it looks like I am just sipping coffee or something.
    My current shake is 2 scoops protein, 2 cups whole milk, and a giant scoop of ice cream. It's not ideal I know but I am just trying to get the calories. My shake is probably 800 calories, which is not enough.
    I need tips on how to pack more calories in. I was thinking maybe olive oil. Or maybe, just double my recipe and get a bigger thermos, or two of them.
    If anyone has any tips on how to back calories into a shake for massive gains, please advise. Just please note I cannot add anything that would make it chewy. I tried adding instant oats and it was an issue: too chewy.
    Thanks!

Add oats or peanut butter. Or just eat more meals.

Peanut butter is a good idea! I will try it! Thanks!

What time do you eat dinner? If you're awake 3 hours after, have another shake.

Whipping cream or Heavy Cream.

Avocados make any shake better.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke S View Post
    Avocados make any shake better.
    That sounds gross to me man.