starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed 905 lb squat

Default Missed 905 lb squat

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Just curious if you saw this guy, Ray Williams....he successfully squated 905 and then it didn't count cause he didn't wait for the rack it cue from the judge....

http://youtu.be/wgV8qM0vwrI

Can't judge the depth from this angle, looks like it might have been good. Good call by the judges. Did you have a question?

Rip, in your professional opinion, do you think this man will eventually squat 1000 raw?

I don't know.

Don Reinhoudt still has the record without wraps, right? 934 I think it was.

I don't know.

Yeah I have missed it myself a couple of times by about 600lbs. Although a 1000lb lift is doable if you break it down into 5 x 200lbs lifts, kind of like eating a 60 oz rump, hard to swallow in one bite but a lot easier if you take small bites out of it.

Sorry, no I didn't really have a question, from what I read I was under the assumption this would've been an American raw squat record....after reading an article this guy did say he wanted to try 1000 but the meet didn't have enough weight...he qualified for nationals and his goal is 1000 there.

Quote Originally Posted by Minno5 View Post
    Sorry, no I didn't really have a question, from what I read I was under the assumption this would've been an American raw squat record....after reading an article this guy did say he wanted to try 1000 but the meet didn't have enough weight...he qualified for nationals and his goal is 1000 there.
    He broke the USAPL squat record on his second lift of 860 (which was good.) This was only his second powerlifting meet ever, so I would say that if anyone has the potential to do 1000 raw, it's him.

starting strength coach development program
    On his youtube channel, there is a video of him doing 770x5 high bar, in running shoes, while in front of a mirror. He doesn't use knee sleeves either. Seems like a relatively rookie to powerlifting. Crazy strength.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast