starting strength gym

Thread: Sldl

Default Sldl

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey guys, is it possible for any of the starting strength coaches to post a video, even Rip perhaps, on how to PROPERLY do the stiff legged deadlift. There are a number of conflicting videos online and its a little difficult to figure which one is correct. A video as detailed and clear as Rip's video on RLDs, that was perfect that vid. Would i be right in assuming that the SLDL is pretty much the same as the RDL, only it starts from the ground, knees in same position and all other cues pretty much the same as the RDL and with the bar over mid foot from the floor? See, confusing. I ask because i will be approaching intermediate programming soon and seen that its used in the programs as per PPST3, so i would like to get this down properly before beginning with them.

Damn, i hope that all made sense. My apologies if not.

Thanks!

Maybe I can team up with Mr. Andy Baker at the coaches conference and we can film something. We shall see.

Do you have the book? SLDL is very easy, I'd rather see other exercises on video. Rows for example.

A video demonstration of the SLDL, RDL, and GM would be a damn good addition to Andy's article comparing the three.

I second that request. Current videos on the YouTube are not so great.

starting strength coach development program
    Shooting good video takes time, equipment, and skill. We will see what we can do, but I make no promises. I will talk with Baker and Horn.