starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How should i move forward as a more healthy body.

Default How should i move forward as a more healthy body.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I stopped training in june. Up until now my body has gotten more flexible and agile as i haven't been training. I'm not out of breath doing simple things like taking in groceries. It isn't hard to tie my sneakers and i don't have any knee pain. I was thinking about how i can train to keep flexibility and agility when i start training again. .

I was going to restart advanced novice after joining a gym that offers spin classes, swimming and yoga in the membership. While this will slow down the rate at which i get stronger, shouldn't this solve my problems as i reapply strength training.

Being strong served me well over the last year and a half but its time to change my approach so i have a better over all body. Plus the spin and swim should prevent the fat gain. I'd be looking at a leaner body that will eventually be more lean but less strong and perhaps not as big

Post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I was thinking about how i can train to keep flexibility and agility when i start training again.
    I would suggest basic barbell exercises using a full range of motion

oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Dave View Post
    #winning

I'm starting to suspect that StabbyStab is actually the greatest troll this forum has ever seen and he hasn't actually ever done any kind of exercise or training whatsoever.

I've had similar experiences, but I think the lack of agility and flexibility for me came from the fact that I'm always in recovery mode when lifting with intensity and something is always fatigued or sore.

Do some mobility work. Go ride a bike or swim some laps, do some yoga or get a massage. Do more conditioning and back the intensity down on your lifting so you can adequately recover. If you sit at a desk all day get up and move every hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    If you sit at a desk all day get up and move every hour.
    Roger that. Prolonged sitting can really make the body stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I stopped training in june. Up until now my body has gotten more flexible and agile as i haven't been training. I'm not out of breath doing simple things like taking in groceries. It isn't hard to tie my sneakers and i don't have any knee pain. I was thinking about how i can train to keep flexibility and agility when i start training again. .

I was going to restart advanced novice after joining a gym that offers spin classes, swimming and yoga in the membership. While this will slow down the rate at which i get stronger, shouldn't this solve my problems as i reapply strength training.

Being strong served me well over the last year and a half but its time to change my approach so i have a better over all body. Plus the spin and swim should prevent the fat gain. I'd be looking at a leaner body that will eventually be more lean but less strong and perhaps not as big

Cool. If you were training at all with barbells, it should be pretty easy to get leaner, smaller, and weaker.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Dave View Post
    Bullshit. You aren't going to be flexible if you don't train yourself to be flexible.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast