starting strength gym

Thread: Hip problems.

Default Hip problems.

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Last Friday I squatted 350x5 and on the third rep something in my left hip/groin popped. It is hard for me to pinpoint exactly what it is since I can't see through my skin and I don't want to act like I know what I'm talking about. It didn't hurt then so I finished the set and went on. Over the next few days it has hurt more. I was scheduled to squat 315 5x5 today, worked up to 265 in warm ups and I definitely wasn't feeling good. Backed off to 135 and 185 for a few sets just to do something more than nothing. The 185 didn't exactly hurt but it felt like I was seriously favoring the other side and twisting to avoid stressing anything more.
    About a year and a half ago I hurt the exact opposite side of my hip deadlifting, this time being front left, that time being rear right. That put me out for awhile and even getting out of bed was rough. Saw chiro, it seemed to help a little bit. Reset all my lifts after that. This is not as bad as what I did before so I don't imagine a doctor would help much. My question however is what do you recommend I do. I am all paid up for your MD seminar in March and I really don't want to show up hurt or unable to do my best.
    I have had a couple chiros and a doctor tell me I have slight scoliosis, they didn't seem to think it was a problem though. My main goal is to get back and be ready for your seminar. I am 24 and about 5'7'' 205 lbs. Been working the Texas Method as you outlined in your tnation article.

Can't help you with this. The hip is a big, complicated place, and I don't have enough info.

Understandable. Feeling as beat up as I do, I guess I'll just take the week off, read up, and start back squatting light and progressing linearly. I know this is the internet and you can't really help much without actually being there but what kind of info would you need?

I'd need an actual diagnosis.