starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting shoes

Default Weightlifting shoes

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Mark, what are the best weightlifting shoes and where can I get them?

I like these, the black ones: http://www.strengthandconditioningeq...ex.php?crn=211

and these, if you like a higher top: http://www.crainsmuscleworld.com/powershoes.html

Adidas are fine, but very expensive and lasted for a very narrow foot. I personally prefer a low-quarter weightlifting shoe. I don't like Converse's because I like a little heel. Just get shoes that don't squish.

Hows the width on the black ones? I need something fairly wide. Not super wide or anything but just comfortable. And I have no idea what I need as far as heel hight goes. I'm thinking about giving those a try. I'm curious to see exactly how weightlifting shoes will help out. I'v never tried them before

Call or e-mail Ahmik and ask him. He'd be glad to talk to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DYNAMICSENICAL View Post
    I'm curious to see exactly how weightlifting shoes will help out. I'v never tried them before
    I can vouch for wearing the right footwear. It does make a difference. They won't make you any stronger, but they give you a lot more stability (and therefore confidence) when you are performig the lifts. Those Rogues look pretty sweet, too.

I've got a pair of Rogue's on the way. They look like they have the perfect amount of heel lift. Especially compared to the regular Do-Win's.

I ordered a pair of Ironwork IIs today from the dynamic-eleiko website. Looks like I'll be eating dry dog food for a month! Again.

Todd was extremely helpful--I'd recommend talking to him even if you don't go with the Adidas.

Won't a pair of high-top basketball shoes laced really tight do the job just fine?

If basketball shoes worked just fine, would I be recommending weightlifting shoes?

starting strength coach development program
    Touche sir

Got into a big argument today with some guys about where your eyes should be focused during the squat.

You would have been proud.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast