starting strength gym

Thread: Headache while lifting

Default Headache while lifting

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    First off i read the thread about weightlifters headaches
    http://www.strengthmill.net/forum/sh...ight=head+ache
    and that answered a lot of my questions, but from what people are saying they would get pain in their necks or the backs of their head.
    My headaches first would come on during squats, very sudden and intense, but at the sides of my temples. First it was just the right side, then after a couple more workouts it hurts on both sides. Also the other day i got the same headache from doing knees to elbows (nothing from doing 50 pullups prior to that) and just today i got the same headache while doing warmups for grappling (jumping from a leap frog like position). I look down and foward a bit when i squat and my neck feels comfortable, and since it happened doing these other two exercises i was wondering if its the same problem or not?

My neck has felt tight / sore lately, maybe i just need to rest / get it worked on (massage / cracked) ?

Thanks for any help

I am reluctant to say any more than I already have about this, due to the fact that there is a very tiny liklihood that it could be a serious problem. It's probably a neck deal, so gt it adjusted. If that doesn't fix it, see a doctor.