starting strength gym

Thread: Thirties lifter

Default Thirties lifter

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi,
    I'm 34 years old and pretty skinny. I'm 6'2" and 175 pounds. I have tried working out some over the years but always quit after several months of not much progress. I just found Starting Strength and I've been reading this forum some. Since I know I won't progress as fast as a youngster, what changes do I need to make to the routine, and especially nutrition? I'm assuming I don't want to drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

Also, I'm built kind of funny with very long arms and legs and a short torso. How would I need to alter my technique to achieve the most strength and reduce the risk of injury?

Thanks!

You don't need to make any changes to the routine, the exercise technique, or the diet to accommodate your "special needs". The books explain why quite thoroughly.

Great, thanks for the validation! SS:BBT is on the Amazon truck on the way to my house right now and I can't wait to get the details of the program.

Shawn, I have a similar build and age to you, and I put on nearly 30 pounds in just a few months of squats, deadlifts, rows, and cleans.

Be prepared to eat a ton. And to buy new pants.