starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smolov Jr. Bench

Default Smolov Jr. Bench

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My friend that I train with has been doing a Smolov Jr. bench cycle and so far it has gone very well. His starting point is a 1rm of 365 and this is his last week, and then we'll retest next week. Anyone interested in the results? If so I'll post a write up after we test. I am hoping for at least a 385 1rm after it's done, and that's in 4 weeks time.

I would be interested for sure. I'm always looking for ways to increase my bench, and I have heard good things about this program.

Cool, will probably test a week from tonight and will report back. And he did the 4 week version, the standard method is only 3 weeks. If you're looking to boost your bench and put your other lifts on hold for a short period of time it looks to be a great option.

I too would be very interested.

i am interested too. might give this a run pending on how my next GSLP reset goes for bench

Alright, he has two sessions left. He crushed 295 for 7 sets of 5 last night. Targeting 310 for 8 sets of 4 on Wednesday and then 330 for 10 sets of 3 on Friday. If he gets those, whoch I have no doubt he will, I think 385 is easily within reach if not more. When it's all done I'll do a write up with more detail on his training history, what he did other than bench during this cycle, etc.

Looking forward to this. Smolov is very interesting, and I would like to have some feedback on its results.

Quick update for those that said they are interested in this. My buddy finished up the cycle today with 330 for 10 sets of 3 and smoked it. That's 90% of his starting 1rm, and he crushed every set and rep with not a ton of rest between sets. He's going to do a lighter day on Monday and then test on Wednesday. I'll post the write shortly after that.

Awesome. I, too, am always looking for good ways to increase your bench, and I haven't heard of a Smolov bench program before.

starting strength coach development program
    what would you do with your other lifts during the 3 weeks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast