starting strength gym

Thread: We wanna be 70sBig, what's your program and weight gains?

Default We wanna be 70sBig, what's your program and weight gains?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi guys, thought that might be an interesting post and fun.
    I like the fact lots of people are going back to the old school lifting, where u just had lots of weight on the bar(not in my case, yet!) and just ate a lot and became strong and big.

Anyways, I was never "skinny" but I am now a whole lot bigger.
    Currently doing SS still a long way to go in here, but my weights(RM5+RM3 for the PC) are:
    Squat- 250
    Deadlit- 325
    Bench- 200
    OHP- 135
    PC- 150
    (I rounded out some weight to fit from KG to lbs)
    Just started out chinnin', I do sets of 6x3 at my BW(started with 4-3-3), going up nicely.

Now comes the interesting stuff:
    Weight before SS: 180
    Weight in the middle of SS: 220
    Height: 6'2
    BF- estimated 20%, but who cares?

I wonder if people have the same gains as I did(rip says it happens all around his gym) and what did people gain in other programs like TM(no novice effect) or 5-3-1(could have the novice effect) westside etc?
    I actually think I gained more muscle then BF if that's even possible, or something very close in numbers, maybe 50-50
    Last edited by SmokingSnake; 11-27-2010 at 06:04 AM.

70sBig is cool and all, but I enjoy retaining some semblance of what the typcial person finds athletic (it helps with my personal training marketing.)

I am 5'7'' 178lbs.

Squat - today I did 265x9. Heaviest I've gone is 315 3x5.
    Bench - 255x3
    Dead lift - 400x3 (months ago, probably can hit more than this.)
    SOHP - 175x2
    Chins - 18 unweighted, weighted 50# 3x5

I followed SS for about 7 months and blew up to 195lbs. I was a little fat, but really strong. Dieted down to 160 and lost a lot of my strength. Got on Madcows 5x5 and brought my strength up to previous levels but a body weight at 175.

Now I am running 5/3/1 with 5x10 accessory work, I am up to 178ish and starting to beat old PR territory with reps and/or weight.
    Last edited by Raleighwood; 11-27-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Consistent, well programmed barbell training will get you 70s big since "70s big" is the term given to describe how men look after years of consistent, well programmed barbell training.

your results are typical and expected as long as you keep at it and dont try to switch to the various programs that tend to pop up and are "better" every few weeks.