starting strength gym

Thread: Squats Form deterioration

Default Squats Form deterioration

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Coach-

I have noticed that as the weight is moving towards PRs every workout, my form is getting progressively worse. I think this might have something to do with my imporper footwear. Yesterday I ordered some of those on-sale VS Athletic Suede shoes. Will these help to correct my squatting? I also ordered a proper weight lifting belt from Inzer. It's not tapered and it's pretty burly. I know you sing the praises of proper footwear, so would you think that this adjustment, in addition to a reset on the weight (I see one coming in the near future, my number 5 rep in my last work set is getting really slow) will help to correct my deficiencies?

I definitely just feel way too unstable with squishy shoes on. I'm almost certain that that's my biggest squat problem. Any further advice you could give would be great. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

-Tom

Anybody who is having squat technique problems in squishy shoes will have fewer problems in appropriate training footwear. This is not to say that squat shoes fix all squat problems, but you already knew that.