starting strength gym

Thread: Huge difference in regular/cheated waist size?

Default Huge difference in regular/cheated waist size?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Jordan, I've been keeping up with SS forum member 'anticausal's log, and observed that his normal/cheated waist size is only 2" apart. 2 weeks I logged that my waist was 36.25/32 (relaxed/cheated). Is it unusual to have that big a difference between the two measurements? I'm the same height as anticasual (6'1"), weigh some 24lb less than him (I weigh around 189 now), yet have a larger relaxed waist size, and smaller cheated waist size than him. Seems odd...

Also, my current macros for 4k cals are 111/500/250 (F/C/P). I'm aiming for around 1lb a week of gainzZz, while I'm still on SSLP. Are these macros good with you? Next time I add 100 cals should it be 50/50 fat and carbs? FWIW - going from 174 to 188 put 1.5" on my gut. I'm drinking less juice and eating more dried fruit instead per your previous recommendation now.

Thanks Jordan!

I think it all depends how one "cheats" you know? I only take one measurement when I'm relaxed and standing up straight. Your macros look fine. And sure, 50/50 per 100 cal sounds like it'd be fine. I'm not sure if dried fruit would be my preferred carb if getting lots of your daily carbs from it. Rice, oats, potatoes >>> dried fruit (unless you're Paleo AF).