starting strength gym

Thread: NLP Programming - LEO schedule

Default NLP Programming - LEO schedule

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    38, Male, 6', 200 lbs.

Current work schedule: 12 hr shift 2-2-3 alternating begins Monday. 0700-1900. Sometimes called "Panama" schedule. Essentially, one week I have Wed & Thu off, the next those are the only days I work.

Goals: Restarting NLP after layoff due to resolved health issues. Also, conditioning with hiking/rucking and combatives secondary to strength, but still important due to professional and personal reasons.

Issues: unsure about scheduling and recovery. The work schedule is very difficult with recommended 3/week in addition to family life with two young children (4 & 6). Wondering what the most recent recommendations and experience are for programming. Will likely have to lift on off days, and accept it will be suboptimal NLP.

Open to all options and suggestions.

This is merely a suggestion:

Week 1
    SUN - Squat, Press, Deadlift
    MON - rest
    TUE - Squat, Bench Deadlift
    WED - work
    THU - work
    FRI or SAT - Squat, Press, Deadlift

Week 2
    SUN, MON, TUE - work
    WED - Squat, Bench, Deadlift
    THU - light Squat, Press, conditioning
    FRI, SAT - work

light Squat Thursday is to keep the movement pattern consistent; conditioning on this day as it would be the least likely day to interfere with strength recovery. You probably want more conditioning/combat sports days than that, but you may find that it has to take a back seat - like way back, if you are balancing work, strength training, 2 kids, and everything else life has to offer. Good luck!

What Heinz said. Just lift 2 days on the week where you have 2 days off, and then 3 days on the weeks you only work 2 days.

So week 1: AB
    Week 2: ABA
    Week 3: BA etc...

I'm close to your age and doing the 4 day split 3 days a week, and the added recovery is great. Don't stress about the schedule, it'll all balance out after a few months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    What Heinz said. Just lift 2 days on the week where you have 2 days off, and then 3 days on the weeks you only work 2 days.

So week 1: AB
    Week 2: ABA
    Week 3: BA etc...

I'm close to your age and doing the 4 day split 3 days a week, and the added recovery is great. Don't stress about the schedule, it'll all balance out after a few months anyway.
    How much do you guys deload percentile on light squats? Adjust reps, or leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    How much do you guys deload percentile on light squats? Adjust reps, or leave it?
    80-90%

2 sets of 5

starting strength coach development program
    I’d recommend ssc Paul horns book radically simple strength. He outlines a two day a week program with ramping sets. This type of program might be appropriate for your individual circumstance