starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 straight terrible workouts

Default 2 straight terrible workouts

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Ive been progressing very good for the past 2 and a half weeks, and all of a sudden I've had 2 straight workouts in which I can't increase the weight. I didn't change my diet at all, what is going on? No matter what I do this always ends up happening. Please help me, I want to succeed in football this year and I'm literally unable to get stronger consistently no matter what I do. Please help.

Even if you didn't change your diet, you probably weren't eating enough in the first place and were getting away with it. Or maybe you're just hitting the end of what you can do for every workout linear progress. Post all of your stats to give people a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by donk52 View Post
    Even if you didn't change your diet, you probably weren't eating enough in the first place and were getting away with it. Or maybe you're just hitting the end of what you can do for every workout linear progress. Post all of your stats to give people a better idea.
    168lb bw, 120lb bench failed 3x5, 155lb squat failed 3x5, and deads were good 230lb

Wait, so you were 2.5 weeks into the program, then hit a wall?

What is your diet like? I recommend using an app to check your calorie levels for a week. Most people think they eat more than they actually do.

What rep did you fail on?

Need to provide more info - reps, weight jumps (2.5 vs 5 vs 10 lb), diet. could be a form problem, recovery (sleep/food) problem...

Quote Originally Posted by PFerrari View Post
    What is your diet like? I recommend using an app to check your calorie levels for a week. Most people think they eat more than they actually do.

What rep did you fail on?
    Bench failed after 1, knew I wouldn't even get 2 good reps. Felt like I added 20lb. Squat failed on 3rdset last 2-3 reps. Deads were perfect.

Help?

Get form checks. Most likely eat more.

starting strength coach development program
    Back off on weight and us the kItchen table and bEd to make gains. Eat as if not gaining two or three pounds week is a personal failure because it is

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast