starting strength gym

Thread: How to prepare for Special Forces

Default How to prepare for Special Forces

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi, my name is Alex Dorin. I am almost 17 years old, and a junior in high school. I have been 'lifting' for about a year now. I can bench about 205 )3 sets of 8), lat pull 230 (3 sets of 8) and i weigh about 170 lbs. Im interested in the special forces and your workout method. I was wondering if you suggest an alternation of your workout plan for someone like me interested in army special forces?

Thank you very much,
    Alex Dorin

You're not even squatting, Alex. Why is it necessary to alter the most efficient method for the acquisition of strength for someone who is not yet strong? You think you need to be strong in a "special" way? Just do the program.

Thank you for your time sir, I look forward to beginning your program.

Get strong just to be strong. It doesn't matter too damn much about training for special forces now because you will be weaker and smaller when you come out of Army bootcamp which is a pre requisite before you get onto the special forces track.

Getting stronger will help in just about any physical endeavor, including Special Forces, but above all you need to be smart and physically and mentally tough and extremely focused and dedicated.

I was in the Marines but I worked with these guys quite a bit overseas and in my opinion they are the best of the best.