starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swine flu vaccine

Unhappy Swine flu vaccine

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi Mr Rippetoe,

I’ve been told to have the vaccine by my doctors (I’m insulin resistant, and they are recommending me to take it) and I'm two weeks into the starting strength program, I’m feeling great, and I want to get carry on at least until Christmas, because I feel that my body has finally gotten use to the milk and large quantity of calories, if I do get it now I will have to be out for at least a week, and I’m scared of my lifts and body weight decreasing, it will feel like everything I’ve done so far is for nothing.

I am thinking about having it in the first week of January, as my body will be used to the training and food intake, and a week off then wont be so costly as it would be if I had it now, what’s your thoughts on this?

If I do take the vaccine in Jan, what shall I eat in the time off training? Should I still have all the milk I’m taking now, as well as the large amount of calories?

Many thanks.

Would you please explain why getting a flu shot will cause you to lose a week of training?

The swine flu vaccine will make your deltoid slightly sore for about a day. Other than that, you should not notice anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Would you please explain why getting a flu shot will cause you to lose a week of training?
    I will be feeling week and tired, and i have to get a normal flu shot on top of that too.

I know i will be feeling like shit and week, and squatting gonna help.

You poor, frail creature. You should become more robust.

I set a PR on the press within a couple of hours of my H1N1 shot and it was not sore the next day, not even a little.

My wife, three kids, and I have all been vaccinated against both H1N1 and the regular flu and nobody has been sick at all. Of the ones who can talk, nobody has said anything about a sore deltoid.

Quote Originally Posted by ahola View Post
    I will be feeling week and tired, and i have to get a normal flu shot on top of that too.

What may help more than squatting just might be growing a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by ahola View Post

Dude,
    Get the damn shot and STFU. Your a diabetic in the midst of an H1N1 epidemic. Stop being a douche canoe.
    God knows we don't want you sick. You might end up in the ER while I'm on shift. I can only imagine the unholy whine you'd release if actually ill.

I got both the H1N1 and the regular flu vaccine about week 2 of me starting this program ( I am on week 5 now) and I seem to be progressing along OK, as far as I can tell....

starting strength coach development program
    Maybe what might help is also getting the HPV vaccine at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast