starting strength gym

Thread: Diabetes and gaining mass

Default Diabetes and gaining mass

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rip,
    While reading Ahola's interesting post on swine flu, one comment came up about type 2 diabetes and gaining weight while doing SS. This got me thinking what would be the best way for an older diabetic (late 30's/early 40's) to go about gaining mass while trying to keep blood sugars as well controlled as possible. The typical "stuff you face diet" would not work, but short of recommending a paleo or zone type diet, do you have any experience with how to go about this? I was thinking more along the lines of eating most of your carbs after a workout, or other programming type advice for eating. Answers may make a difference in getting my neighbor to start working out.
    Thanks,
    g

Outside my bailiwick. Good question for Lyle's board.

After reading this forum for several months, I decided to sign up to ask this very question (only to find that you beat me to it!). As a 6'3 175 pound type II diabetic (and beginning SSer), I sorely need GOMAD but unfortunately milk spikes my sugar too much to be a realistic solution. If you find any good anwsers for gaining weight as a diabetic, I do hope you will share them here. Are low carb protein supplements/creatine reasonable?