starting strength gym

Thread: Deep Pain in Hip While Sleeping

Default Deep Pain in Hip While Sleeping

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    As the title says, the last few weeks I've experienced a deep ache in my right hip while sleeping on my right side. It's feels like it's deep in the hip joint and it's bad enough to wake me up at night.

My short term solution has been to sleep on my left side, and it works. I'm troubled by this however and it's something I want to fix, especially because I inadvertently turn to my right side sometimes during the night.

Have you had (or know anyone who has) any experience with this sort of thing or know what this might be caused by?

I haven't had any experience sleeping without pain. More info needed: age, weight, training history, injury history, etc.

I'm 25, about 190 pounds, and not very strong. In the last 6 months or so I've slowly shifted my training to be more basketball-oriented. So besides the main lifts I'm doing some basic jumping exercises and about 6 hours/week of intense basketball.

My legs never hurt me during the week for any reason, and I've never had any real injuries to lower body. I feel great all the time, the only problem is my hip.

I remember accidentally standing with my knees locked a long time ago when I was young and remember the uncomfortable soreness that I felt in my knees for a few minutes after walking around. The pain in my hip is pretty similar to this, as soon as I get up and walk around or roll over it goes away pretty quickly. It is a pretty intense pain, though.

Most people perceive pain in the acetabulum in the area of the crotch. Precisely where is your pain?

That's the best way to explain the location of the pain.

The good news is, I took the memory foam off my bed (I hadn't even thought of it as a cause of the pain) 2 days ago and haven't had any problems since then. It was a christmas gift and it's never given me any problems.

Hopefully that's all it was, such a simple fix.

Thanks for your time.