starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other coaches

Default Other coaches

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Wondering if everything any SS COACH in the forum said, would be greed by you and fin to follow?

Is English your first language, and will you please get some help before posting again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Is English your first language, and will you please get some help before posting again?
    English is not my main language, what I meant is... Are the rest ofthe coaches as enriched with with lifting knowledge like you.

The information they hand out is surely good.
    Wondering if as good as yours.

Obviously not. How could anyone be as good a coach as me?

I respect your houmor and I honor you, I want to ask you. Personally.
    I'm a month into ss, gained only 1-1.5 kilo... My cals were 3700 I bumped them to 4135.
    189 gr fat 238 gr protein 373 gr carbs.
    Age 17 weight 78 height 184
    Squat 100
    Bench 92
    Press 58
    Barbell row 71
    Deadlift 130...
    On the bench I've stalled 2 sessions in a row... Idk what to do.. Jordan mentioned going for a 5x5 style on the bench rather than reset.
    What is your opinion? Is ss over for me?

Would very much appreciate your answer coach, ripp.

You're not doing the program. Read: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph..._clarification

You're not doing the program. Read: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph..._clarification
    Yes I've read this, and many other articles.. What am I doing wrong? My food seems to be good, I rest a lot... What do you mean by I am not doing it?

I don't know what you're doing wrong because I cannot see your program and I do not know what you're eating. But had you been doing the program, you would have gained more weight. So, you aren't doing the program. And what does this have to do with other coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepEatRepeat View Post
    Yes I've read this, and many other articles.. What am I doing wrong? My food seems to be good, I rest a lot... What do you mean by I am not doing it?
    Why do you feel your food is "good?" At your height and weight, eating 4k/day is not trying very hard if you want to gain weight, and thus encourage strength gains. And you SHOULD want to gain weight because you are very thin for your height.

Mark's comment on you not doing the program is pretty much correct by definition. You aren't doing power cleans, and your bench press numbers are very high compared to your other lifts. If you were following the weight increases he recommends, I don't really see how your squat would remain so comparable to your bench press even if you started with a very high bench press.

The only reason your bench press is stalling is because you need to gain weight. That's it.

starting strength coach development program
    He asked me for some advice and I (incorrectly so) assumed he had been been doing the program, as I though he'd gained more weight overall. After I reread the posts (ESL issues) I realized he needed to gain more weight, advised accordingly, and suggested either resetting his bench or moving to a TM style set up for just his presses. We agree, he needs to gain more weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast