starting strength gym

Thread: Not many people want to take the great advice you have to offer

Default Not many people want to take the great advice you have to offer

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I try to give "bodybuilders" on certain forums the advice to follow your program, but they simply will not listen. What can I say? I have an office job, with lots of free time on my hands.

They just don't believe that 3 - 4 exercises per workout with only 3 sets of 5 is enough. They take a look at the program, and they think it looks like it's not even nearly enough. They don't seem to understand that 1.) the main 5 lifts plus chin-ups is all you need to get all "big and muscley", and 2.) the weight keeps getting heavier and heavier, which makes the program RIDICULOUSLY HARD after a while.

It's even funnier when I hear responses like "I don't want to get stronger, I just want to get bigger." I usually tell them that they will get much bigger with your program, but they will just have to accept the fact that they will get stronger too - sorry it's inevitable.

I don't know why I even care, but I guess I feel it's my duty as a guy that was once stuck in the "bodybuilder mindset" to enlighten other clueless people that are stuck doing their bodypart splits and counting every single gram of food that goes into their body.

I've never been accused of being on steroids until I started following your training methods either. Now I get that question asked a few times a month usually. My own mom even questioned me too, lol. I love it!

Okay enough ass kissing for one day. Thanks though.

It is not our responsibility -- either yours or mine -- to teach people anything. It is their responsibility to learn.