Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regression in Progress

Kummatmebro Guest

Default Regression in Progress

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    OK guys, here's the deal.
    Ive got low test, docs wont give me TRT. Been consistently eating 4k cals a day along with 300g protein. This is how my lifts have been building up, then regressing.

December to April:
    Squat: 135x5 -> 245x5
    Bench: 125x5 -> 160x5
    Deadlift: 275x5 -> 365x5
    Press: 80x5 -> 122.5x5

In that time frame, Bodyweight has gone from 177 -> 198 at 6'0''.

April on... things started getting BAD...

Squat: 235x5 -> 185@3x5(225x3 today)
    Bench: 160x5 -> 135@3x5(155x3 today)
    Deadlift: 365x5 -> 350x5
    Press: remained constant

Bodyweight has remained the same.

Time to move onto texas method?
    Last edited by Kummatmebro; 06-24-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Hello. How old are you?

If you haven't made progress in three months then yeah, i'd say it's time for TM or some other intermediate program.

(also, if this isn't a username you use broadly or are particularly attached to, consider registering a different one to avoid confusion w/ some currently active guy "ComeAtMeBro". )

When was you last easy week? How is your sleep?

Kummatmebro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Hello. How old are you?

If you haven't made progress in three months then yeah, i'd say it's time for TM or some other intermediate program.

(also, if this isn't a username you use broadly or are particularly attached to, consider registering a different one to avoid confusion w/ some currently active guy "ComeAtMeBro". )
    20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
    When was you last easy week? How is your sleep?
    last easy week? 6 weeks ago during finals week where i went light on all lifts because all i ate was poptarts. sleeps at 8-10 hours a night.

"6 weeks ago during finals week where i went light on all lifts because all i ate was poptarts."

Take an easy week and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kummatmebro View Post
    20 years old.
    You're 20yo 6' tall ~200lbs DLing 355 lbs and want to go on TRT?! are you nuts? (have you read about what that stuff does to you?)

Kummatmebro Guest

You're 20yo 6' tall ~200lbs DLing 355 lbs and want to go on TRT?! are you nuts? (have you read about what that stuff does to you?)
    I meant HRT. The stuff that the doctors are allowed to prescribe to you.
    medical definition for low test is 300 or below for adult males. mine is at 380.

what does it do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kummatmebro View Post
    I meant HRT. The stuff that the doctors are allowed to prescribe to you.
    medical definition for low test is 300 or below for adult males. mine is at 380.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kregna View Post
    what does it do to you?
    Well my biggest concern would be that adding the external stuff causes your body to stop its own production. For cycles that is reversible and your body picks back up after a period of some weeks, but for long term usage it's unknown (by me) how well your body will pick things back up. This abstract http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2991700 for example, claims that after 6 months of high use levels still hadn't returned to normal 3-4 months later.

Also see a discussion such as that in this post http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/506597-post7.html Yes he is talking about older people there but that addresses some of the issues.

Bottom line is that adding even low levels of external testosterone even for therapeutic purposes for long periods of time is not well charted territory.

Although this is kind of interesting: http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-contr...-contraceptive After 30 months on... " and all but two of the men [out of 1000] in the study returned to normal fertility after stopping the injections. The average time it took for the men to return to normal fertility was around six and a half months. "

Anyway, my concerns are around reversibility and long term possibly permanent suppression of natural production and this doesn't even address the other supposed effects having to do w/ heart disease, hair loss etc. If you were 50 or 60 maybe alright but at 20 ?

starting strength coach development program
    300 grams of protein is too much especially with only 4,000 calories

Eat more saturated fats and cholesterol

Decrease your protein to 200 grams at most.

"While subjects followed the high protein diet, their total T levels were 28% lower than on the higher CHO diet (15)."

http://thinkmuscle.com/articles/incledon/diet-01.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast