starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geezer Taxonomy

Default Geezer Taxonomy

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I did this some months back when the elderly were less populous than now. It must have been the full moon but all of a sudden more old guys are coming out the wood work and making themselves known here. bob g suggested I resurrect this classification system so we can keep ourselves straight. This is the original product:

45+ = Old Fart
    50+ = Senior Citizen
    60+ = Geezer

I let this get buried because at 60 I was the only geezer who qualified at the time and I wanted to be more inclusive. In that spirit, I suggest this new table:

40+ = Geezling
    50+ = Geezer in Waiting
    55+ = Geezer

Welcome to the rattling bones zone. Once we have some consensus amongst the qualified maybe we can sweet talk Stef into making a banner or sticky at the top of The Elderly.

So, what do the rest of you old guys think? Are the categories OK as-is or do the names and age ranges need adjustment?

Now Mark. I think getting old is just making you soft. You really want to let some young punk at 55 lay claim to the exalted title of Geezer?!!

You might be right Chuck, but I hate to give myself airs by coming up with a system that leaves me as the only geezer. I may be grumpy but I try not to be too arrogant. Although there are few in Ends and Pieces who I am sure don't believe what I just typed.

I'd be curious to know how many of us on the "Elderly" site are 60 or more. I know of the two of us and I think I saw a post by one other, but not sure.

Geezling---I like it.

Last edited by Titanium; 06-20-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    ...I let this get buried because at 60 I was the only geezer who qualified at the time and I wanted to be more inclusive. In that spirit, I suggest this new table:

40+ = Geezling
    50+ = Geezer in Waiting
    55+ = Geezer

I like this list better. It really tells the young pups where you stand. If there should be one more step, though, maybe at 60+ one graduates to Greybeard.

(And if the 40 somethings need recognition at 45 how about Sous Geeze or Geezer's Mate?)

Quote Originally Posted by byzkarl View Post
    Geezling---I like it.
    Agree, 'geezling' is an inspired moniker for the rash pups that are nipping prematurely at geezer status.

Quote Originally Posted by bob g View Post
    If there should be one more step, though, maybe at 60+ one graduates to Greybeard.
    Hmm, given my original anthropology background, how about silverback?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    bob g suggested I resurrect this classification system so we can keep ourselves straight.
    I'd hope Dearly Beloved helped you with that.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast