starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How necassary is the practical programing book

Default How necassary is the practical programing book

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Started texas method and got all the info for it off the web ( actually a rip article about it). How much benifecial is the book to have?

How much do you know about biology and physiology of lifting related stuff?

Just buy it.

It will be your bible.

After SS, it's the most useful book you'll ever read. Essential.

Let's put it this way: I have given my two copies of SS to my son and son-in-law, but I still have, read and refer to PPST pretty regularly.

Shit. I bought Strong Enough, MOMG and SS 4 weeks ago, but I didn't buy PP as I knew I am going to be a novice for a long time yet. But now I realise that this book really is useful, no matter how advanced you are.

The shipping is really expensive to Norway and I don't really want to buy only one book, so I guess it will do with SS as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kje_simen View Post
    Shit. I bought Strong Enough, MOMG and SS 4 weeks ago, but I didn't buy PP as I knew I am going to be a novice for a long time yet. But now I realise that this book really is useful, no matter how advanced you are.

The shipping is really expensive to Norway and I don't really want to buy only one book, so I guess it will do with SS as of now.
    Strong Enough isn't terribly important but it has a couple interesting articles, MOMG is mostly a conversation about PPST that won't make sense without PPST. Strong Enough is useful in that it has a couple short responses to common questions, like training for the aged or for women, and it has a couple short intro articles for the main lifts if you want to give somebody a 5-page article to get them started on deadlifting. But PPST was far more importnat!

I want to say that PPST is the most important of the books but SSBBT is so important to. You should have bought these two together (sorry)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kje_simen View Post

Even with amazon.com?

starting strength coach development program
    While it is true that you can just look at TM on the internet, it really doesn't tell you what to do when you start stalling. PPST2 talks about rep schemes, speed training, split routines, etc. It is worth getting it IMO, since the Texas Method is just a small part of the book. It helps you determine how to create a sensible routine and why you use certain reps/sets and percentages on different days, depending on your level of training.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast