starting strength gym

Thread: Le squat form check

Default Le squat form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello all, I have began doing LP about a month ago after dicking around with LG/other stuff for a while. Anyways, I figured it was time to post a squat check as I failed at 245 twice, I decided to take a little bit of weight off to work on my form. This is my 3rd work set @ 230. Let me know what I can work on, thanks.
    5'8 and 170 lbs, by the way. I am particularly interested in the 4th rep of this set, which was my 3rd and last set. Thanks for your time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K81YRbyMKqY

You have a tendency to let the weight shift on to your toes. If I had to guess, this happens at the bottom when you kind of let everything go to try and bounce up harder. You also are overextending your spine on the ascent and have your wrists flexed over the top of the barbell.

My suggestions:

Focus on keeping the bar over the middle of your foot. Stay tight on your descent, bounce less, and don't go quite so deep.
    Crunch down hard with your abs as you ascend to keep your spine from moving. Don't try to point your chest at the wall as you come up.
    Straighten your wrists out before you unrack the bar.