starting strength gym

Thread: Body comp test surprising results

Default Body comp test surprising results

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    In October an inbody 270 revealed that I had 35.2 kg muscle and 10.4 kg fat at 72.8 kg bodyweight. I just started the program 5 weeks ago at the same bodyweight and now the test says I'm 83.3 kg, 40.1 kg muscle and 13.7 kg fat. I always heard you can't grow more than 1 kg of muscle per month. Is it possible I added even close to 4.9 kg of muscle in 5 weeks on the program? I did add 50 kg to squat, 40 to deadlift, 15 to bench and 10 to press.

For several months prior to the first composition test I was on a severe calorie deficit with little to no animal products. In the months between the first test and the start of the program, I occasionally binged on animal products and high calorie foods, but then cut back down in a seesaw fashion. The day I started the program is also the day I decided to completely give up on my high carb vegan diet and just eat whatever I want.

Since I didn't test at the start of the program, I don't know if I may have gained some muscle from occasional binges on animal products in the months prior, despite the fact that I wasn't doing any physical training and my weight remained the same. I also wonder how I can gain 10.5 kg but only 8.2 kg of muscle and fat. Is the other 2.3 kg supposed to be bone and organs? Sadly my Johnson appears to be unchanged.