starting strength gym

Thread: Dislocated shoulder and exercise

Default Dislocated shoulder and exercise

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello Mark, I dislocated my shoulder and tore one of my ROTATOR CUFFS tendons (Subscapularis). It`s not a complete tear, a small one (tore some ligaments too).
    Doc says that for now I don`t need a surgery (X-Ray and MRI examination). Do you have any experience with such injuries? Doc directions are not to do any activity for 6 weeks than physiotherapy (this is the first time i dislocate my shoulder). When do you think i can start exercise again?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 01-31-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Search function.

The Starr rehab healed my torn rotator cuffs and torn labrum. No surgery needed. I did nothing but press for a month, starting with VERY light weights. First workout was so hard, I could only do 12 lbs x 30 x 3. Now I'm 140x5x3 with no problem.

It may have rehabbed your torn cuff back to functional tolerance, but they don't usually heal since there is a separation in the thin muscle tissue that cannot mend itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It may have rehabbed your torn cuff back to functional tolerance, but they don't usually heal since there is a separation in the thin muscle tissue that cannot mend itself.
    Yes, technically that is correct, as the labrum is still torn. But you would never know it. Cheers to the Starr Rehab.

starting strength coach development program
    ^ Yeah, I have been dealing with this in both shoulders for the past 5 years due to snowboarding/skateboarding injuries. Even when they feel 100% healed they are still prone to re-injury. I've injured my left shoulder three times and might right shoulder about a dozen times. Personally I've noticed the stronger I get the more resistant I am to re-injury. (Just a little extra motivation when lifting)