starting strength gym

Thread: Question on food And a nagging pain

Default Question on food And a nagging pain

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    First of I'm struggling to bench because when it gets heavy I get a pain in my right tricept right where it ends at the elbow. The bar feels ok on the way down but on the way up it feels like its gonna rip its self apart any ideas on what it could be?
    Secondly I'm eating about 3500 calories a day I'm 23 5.11 215 lbs my squat is at 122kg my deadlift is at 141kg. Here's the question is it okay that a lot of my calories are coming from carbs? I get about 170 grams of protien a day 400 grams carbs and 150 grams fat. I can post a detailed food plan if that helps?

carbs: it's fine. but you might not want to get a lot heavier... and to not do so you may have to cut some of them carbs.

Don't know about the tricep. I assume it's tendinitis of some sort but no idea what to do about it other than rest it, take some ibuprofen and make sure your form is good.
    Last edited by veryhrm; 11-25-2011 at 01:42 AM.

I had problems with the bench, I found doing real warm up with light dumbbells first just getting all the shoulder warmed up helped a lot. Just do the full range of movement that the ball socket in your shoulder will allow. (Lateral raises, arms out above the head, all the movement it allows just very very light maybe 4kilos max)

Also hanging from a chinning bar on off days every few hours helped. Try changing your grip. I had lots of problems delaying my bench progress, I found not having my wrist at 90degrees from the bar (Now I rotate them to the outside 20 degrees or so) and taking a wider than normal grip balanced out all of my joints and no more aches and pains across my wrists or my shoulder.
    Last edited by nevermind; 11-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.