starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS business cards

Default SS business cards

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    There are have been many times in the gym where someone comes up to me and says, "Nice squat bro, how'd you get up to that number?" (My ego appreciates it, in spite of my relatively unimpressive squat). There just is no short answer for those people and I can see the blank look in their eyes when I say, "Go to StartingStrength.com", as if they're about to forget 20 seconds later and go back to their silliness and half squats.

Every time I'm in this situation I'm left wishing I just had a business card to hand out and leave it at that. It can just have a URL which leads to a landing page with a video on some kid who increased their squat by 200lbs in a few months with a beasty man like Matt Reynolds standing around. Maybe Sims can be there for the ladies. This might go well with the new online coaching that is coming out for those who are too lazy to buy and read the book. I would print my own cards if only I had a Ripp-sanctioned template with which to do it.

Coach, have you ever considered doing something like that?

An interesting idea. I don't have a business card myself, but we'll talk about this.

IME, the most cost effective advertising there is, next to satisfied customers / word of mouth.

I've tried several approaches. The only ones who follow through are those who care enough to remember. A card for them would certainly be nice, but they don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    kid who increased their squat by 200lbs in a few months with a beasty man like Matt Reynolds standing around.
    I'm pretty good at standing around.

I have picked up a few clients because of my business cards. I leave 'em at Lady Janes. The Right People go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    It can just have a URL which leads to a landing page with a video on some kid who increased their squat by 200lbs in a few months with a beasty man like Matt Reynolds standing around.
    A QR code to do that would look slick and tech savvy on a business card

I have a box of old business cards I use for writing out the day's workout. I have often thought it would be useful if they had StartingStrength.com on the other side instead of some old job I used to do.

We do something similar in my line of work, we call them social media cards. They have our primary branding on the front and all our web links on the back (website, Twitter, Facebook, insta-whatever). We have brochures but nobody ever reads them so I don't bother to carry then anymore.

starting strength coach development program
    Business cards with the QR code for both the Starting Strength Online coaching and the book purchase....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast