starting strength gym

Thread: Any ladies find that BCP interferes with their training?

Default Any ladies find that BCP interferes with their training?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I did a search and this article was linked in another thread:

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...training_gains

It has some good info but I'm wondering if any ladies on the forum have experienced any effects from their BCP that seem to be holding back their training? I experienced some newbie gains a few years ago but it seems that in the past year or so my body re-composition has really stalled (although I am still making strength gains). Also, I always have this underlying fatigue that I'm dealing with.

Any ladies stop the BCP after being on it for a long time and find that their training improved? (This wouldn't be the only reason I get off the BCP but one of the many reasons.)

Thanks.

I would imagine it would. I avoid that type of thing. Probably would be good to at least give your body a break from that stuff and see how you feel.

Note that it is only a specific class of pills that caused problems in that study. Others didn't. don't know which brands are of that class and which aren't, but then again i'm not particularly impacted by the issue ...
    Last edited by veryhrm; 08-05-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Chris Kresser and Robb Wolf talk about birth control a decent amount as those questions pop up. And yes, whether you're on the pill or just have your regular cycle it can play some havoc with your training.

I know in a pod cast they were just talking about how some trainers are pulling back during certain times of the month and going harder others, as even with birth control hormones aren't going to be 100% stable.

It's late and you're going to have to do your own google fu on that.

A real lady should feel free to chime in on that.