starting strength gym

Thread: Sleeping 1 more hour

Default Sleeping 1 more hour

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    After struggling with sleep and waking up during the night, I have finally turned a corner. I take ZMA and Natural Calm at 9pm, and try to finish all eating by 6pm. I like to turn the lights out by 9:45 pm.

My goal is to get 7+ hours. I have been sleeping, uninterrupted, until about 4:00 - 4:30 am as of late. When I wake up at this time, my inclination is actually to get out of bed and begin my day. Most of the literature I have read has indicated that I should wake up and get out of bed. However, this would mean only sleeping ~6 hours/day.

Any advice on manufacturing an additional hour of uninterrupted sleep, or should I just get out of bed at 4:15 and start my day? I feel great when I first wake up naturally early in the morning. I feel less than great when aroused by an alarm clock if I go back to sleep after initially waking. The upside of going back to sleep is, of course, getting more sleep.

I'd try and have a little protein snack right before bed and see if that helps you get another hour. Still, you're pretty close to 7hrs (the holy grail) and if you're not tired during the day...you're probably fine provided your sleep hygiene is on point!