starting strength gym

Thread: Elbow/muscle pain ?

Default Elbow/muscle pain ?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've been having some pretty serious bouts of pain in the tissue around my elbow the past couple of weeks.

I did one set of 10 chins last night(my current max) (the last rep being the grindiest chin I've ever done) and my elbows FLARED up for a good 15-30 minutes of very serious throbbing and waves of pain. to the point where I was literally vocally whimpering ever so slightly as a fresh wave of pain swept over, and I'd like to think I have a moderately high pain tolerance. The presses today brought on a minor version of this. Bench tends to bring on a moderate version of this.

I had read that the prescription for this type of "elbow tendonitis"(maybe?) is usually more chins... but they are currently the things that cause the MOST pain. Have I gained too much weight from LP and while my legs and back are good and strong (relatively) are my arms too weak to support this kind of weight without too much stress on the joints/tendons?

male, 25, 6'0, 212lbs 35.5in reach

I also posted this in the repetitive injury section, unsure as to the right venue for this question.

I have no idea about the tendonitis thing, but I started training last year at 22, 6ft 2", coming from an entirely sedentary background, and was doing chins at ~195/200lbs, so I don't think your too heavy, or anything