starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check

Default Squat check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    I have a pretty big leg length difference. The recent article has helped a lot, I've put my longer leg forward, if anyone has any other ideas I'd appreciate them, I feel like I'm not progressing like I could. I use a shoe with a 2.5 inch lift normally, but I don't want to shim my lifting shoes that much, it would be too easy to roll.

YouTube
    Sorry about the angle I'll try to get a better one soon.

I am not knowledgeable enough to comment on your leg length difference. But for squat mechanics you need to keep your knees shoved out and don't let them cave in. And your wrist are not straight, but if that doesn't put pressure on your wrists then carry on. Rest of your squat looks pretty good.

Thanks for the input! I see what you mean, I have volume day tomorrow, I'll try to keep them pushed out. I have struggled a lot with grip on the squat, wrapping thumbs around and flexing wrists a bit has worked best so far. Trying to keep thumbs over the bar was causing pain above my elbows on the outside of my arms, I could finish my squats, but could not press anything afterwards, my arms would give out, it held my bench press back for a couple months. Do you think I need to narrow my stance a bit too?