Just a heads up, they sell some Gold's Gym .5mm neoprene shorts at Walmart for $10, which is cheaper than most regular compression shorts. I got a small/medium size for a tight compression shorts-like fit, because it looks like they are meant to be a little loose.

The good: I tried them today and they kept my lower body pretty warm. Their advertised purpose is to sweat off lower body weight, so they should be good here. These are definitely also more supportive than your average compression shorts, if you get a small enough size. Also for some reason, my knees were hardly cracking at all (they usually do a TON), which is strange because I always wear my rehband knee sleeves.

The bad: These are meant for normal people so they may fit a little weird. The back part of the waist is a little low because of my ass size, so people would probably be able to see your ass crack at the bottom of a squat. This is not a problem if you wear shorts over them (good thing Gary already has some legit warm pants). The waist is also a little tight. The first time I put them on I actually broke a lot of the sewing on the elastic band around the waist. Good news is that since they're so tight anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if you could cut the elastic off all together and have them fit fine. I also would not be surprised if these do not hold up well in the laundry machine, so I would probably just wash them by hand.

Overall, I think these are pretty damn good for the price. The problems aren't a huge deal and they are cheap as hell. Will probably buy another pair or 2. I would also recommend taking them out of the box before buying them so you can eyeball the right size. Just thought I'd share