starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Check

Default Power Clean Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I have been doing full Power Cleans the last two workouts (done hang cleans before that) and this is the outcome. I got some wrist pain in some of the reps, right when I start the jump. Any idea what that can be?

Anyways, what can I do better?

[If you want another angle, let me know and I'll get it after the next session.]
    Last edited by Kje_simen; 07-02-2011 at 06:25 AM.

They look fine for now. On the first rep the bar went backwards making your rack with some backwards slop, but this didnt happen on the following reps so I will asume this isnt a problem for you.

Your wrists will toughen up with pressing and deadlifting etc, you can try stretching in the rack position (get friend to push elbows up) this will take some strain off wrists when you rack.

Agreed. Those look decent. You are pulling from a deficit with those small plates, even with a spacer. Once you get to 135 lbs (60 kg), that won't be a problem. Nice work and keep eating.

Thanks guys! I will probably post another form check in the future when the weight gets heavier, but will just try to progress as far as possible for now.