Thread: DL Form Check

Default DL Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    360lbs X 5
    YouTube
    Thanks

These are pretty good. You'll be at 405 before you know it. The only thing I can see is the bar getting away from the legs a tiny bit on a few of the reps so just focus on using your lats to bend the bar against your shins. Also try not to fidget around in between reps. It's too easy to accidentally move the bar around. Just take a big breath set your back and pull again.

Hey Daryl!

Welcome to the forums man.

I agree with Brian, these are some damn fine looking deadlifts. Not too much to complain about here.

If I'm being picky, I'd adjust two things...

1. Try narrowing your stance 2-3". This will allow you to better hold your knees out in position without being so crowded by the arms. A narrow stance allows for the femur to be held in external rotation while at the same time utilizing a narrow grip.

2. Don't roll the bar back behind the middle of the foot at the bottom of every rep. You end up immediately pushing it back forward with your shins again anyways. Instead give yourself the proper spacing (just like you do on rep 1) to re-bend your knees forward and set your hip height BEFORE squeezing your chest back up.

Keep it up Daryl! Post back with that 4 plate pull soon!