starting strength gym

Thread: Harris Stability Systems Belts

Default Harris Stability Systems Belts

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey folks - I'm looking at getting a new belt. My cheapy has served me well in terms of having something to poosh against, but it's still relatively annoying to put on, is starting to warp & wear a bit, and it leaves me with minor stab wounds after every session (it's the kind where two short prongs attached to the 'buckle' insert from the outside of the belt - kinda like a ratchet mechanism i.e. this : URBAN MUSCLE UM POWERLIFTING BELT - Ada Street Discount Supplements).

I know everyone here is all 'general leathercraft' this and 'best belts' that, but not being of the 'merican persuasion, I started looking closer to home. The Harris Stability System lever belts look pretty nifty - and my experience with their customer service & products is all good so far (I have their knee sleeves). Anyone have any specific experience with these belts, or general advice/concerns regarding the style/construction, apart from get the pinkest one?
    Last edited by Toasterleavings; 04-28-2016 at 05:49 PM.

I've never used one but I have heard nothing but good things about their belts. Get the pink and black one

only issue is that they're not IPF approved, if that means anything to you

Iron Tanks. Layne Norton uses em. IPF approved.

https://www.irontanksgymgear.com/col...ns/lever-belts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    I've never used one but I have heard nothing but good things about their belts. Get the pink and black one
    only issue is that they're not IPF approved, if that means anything to you
    Good to know. They look pretty solid (& purty). The probability I'll ever sign up for a PA meet is small, but at this point not zero. I'd never be competitive in any sense, but it might be a fun experience, so ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Iron Tanks. Layne Norton uses em. IPF approved.
    https://www.irontanksgymgear.com/col...ns/lever-belts
    Thanks for that! Couple of specials listed that'd save me $50 - if I fit an XL. Time to get measuring.

update: XL too borderline. Probably should go for an L. And I did. Now for the waiting.
    Last edited by Toasterleavings; 04-28-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: measured. and ordered.

Toaster, which knee sleeves do you have? The regular 7mm, or those hyper-duty 9mm they have? Someone needs to try those and get back to me on how they are...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Toaster, which knee sleeves do you have? The regular 7mm, or those hyper-duty 9mm they have? Someone needs to try those and get back to me on how they are...
    I have the 7mm - they're still going strong.