starting strength gym

Thread: Deadz 295x3 [Form Check]

Default Deadz 295x3 [Form Check]

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    What do you guys think? Deadz 295x3 - YouTube

These look like stiff-legged deadlifts; your scapulas are in front of the bar, instead of over the bar. Make sure the bar is mid foot, and you are bringing your shins to the bar and your knees out into your elbows. If this produces a setup where your scapulas are still in front of the bar, you may be setting up to close to the bar.

A vid from a front 45deg angle will help us see these small yet important details.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Franklin View Post
    These look like stiff-legged deadlifts; your scapulas are in front of the bar, instead of over the bar. Make sure the bar is mid foot, and you are bringing your shins to the bar and your knees out into your elbows. If this produces a setup where your scapulas are still in front of the bar, you may be setting up to close to the bar.

A vid from a front 45deg angle will help us see these small yet important details.
    Thanks Coach Adam. This was my previous video: Deadz 275x3 - YouTube -- Is this a stiff-legged deadlift too?

These look much better.

Work on maintaining back extension, you can never squeeze your chest up too hard! The five step deadlift setup, if done correctly, will place the bar over your mid foot, shins in contact with the bar (and out into the elbows), back in extension, and scapulas directly over the bar. These things are hard to evaluate in form checks shot directly from the side.
    Last edited by Adam Franklin; 07-28-2016 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey Coach Adam, I took a vid from a front 45deg angle. What do you think of the form? Deadz 295 x 4 - YouTube

Looking better. A few tweaks on your setup; try bringing your stance 2-3 inches (feet directly under your hips) and bring your grip in to about the start of the knurling. With this slightly narrower stance, push your knees out into your elbows. This will help clean up your setup.

starting strength coach development program
    Hi Coach Adam,

I'm reviving this thread because you were the one who first pointed out that my deadlift was starting to look like stiff-legged deadlift because of my scapulas not being over the bar. Would like to hear your feedback again on my recent deadlift: Deadz 285 x 5 - YouTube

I'm wondering how my scapulas are now. Thanks!

-ayjay