starting strength gym

Thread: Rehab a lumbar sprain?

Default Rehab a lumbar sprain?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey all,
    4 months ago I injured my lower back lifting incorrectly before I discovered starting srength. I've visited a chiropractor a doctor and 2 physiotherapists who are all agree it is likely a L5/ S1 facet sprain.

Before the injury my 1rm deadlift and 1rm squat were at 415 and 355 respectively.

4 months later I am trying to do both under the starting strength rep scheme with 225 and not having much success. I can string together 2 to 3 workouts before the pain gets unbearable and I must lay off. I did do the starr rehab protocol with deads awhile back which was fine until I got to heavier weights then I had to layoff.

Can anyone recommend a path forward? I'm feeling incredibly defeated as I never thought I would be in this situation 4 months later. Is there any barbell rehab that can help? Or do I need to simply take a long lay off?

Age, height, weight? Video?

26, 6,2, 215. No video but restructured my deadlift piece by peice from the book and Mark's YouTube videos. Problem was too much knee bend causing me to pull from my toes and causing slight lumbar rounding. Have since fixed my form. Now just trying to rehab the injury.