starting strength gym

Thread: Accuracy of Supplement Labels

Default Accuracy of Supplement Labels

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Jordan,

I'm a generally distrustful individual and often wonder just how accurate are various nutrition labels. I try to assume that the actual nutrition information is accurate (I hope there's someone out there testing these things) but still wonder about dose size. Do you tend to trust the scoopers and the like that come with supplements or do you weigh these out? This thread in the Food & Drink forum sums up what I'm wondering about: Do vendor supplied measuring scoops actually provide the volume of material that is referenced on the nutrition label?

Thanks,

Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Jordan,

I'm a generally distrustful individual and often wonder just how accurate are various nutrition labels. I try to assume that the actual nutrition information is accurate (I hope there's someone out there testing these things) but still wonder about dose size. Do you tend to trust the scoopers and the like that come with supplements or do you weigh these out? This thread in the Food & Drink forum sums up what I'm wondering about: Do vendor supplied measuring scoops actually provide the volume of material that is referenced on the nutrition label?

Thanks,

Jeff.
    Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. When making my own supplement that was one of the steps I had to do in the refinement process to make sure it was up to standard.