starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I stopped following the program, i'm not interested in the size

Default I stopped following the program, i'm not interested in the size

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm on longer interested in the mass gaining significant of the program. I'm 195 pound, getting to far away from 185 with a 100k one day single elimination tournament coming in 2012 isn't going to be best for me.

Do you men think i should still follow the protocol and eat for my size or change to another program all together( recommendations welcome )

What the fuck are you talking about?

You can do a similar program (same types of compound exercises), but just advance at a slower pace. You could do a program that just has weekly progression, so you can focus on your boxing(right?). You could also just do the advanced novice routine and just move up 2x per week instead of 3x. If split routines interest you, that could be something to look at as well. It is easier to recover from just working your upper body one day and lower the next.

At 195, you should still be in range for a water cut, right? I don't know much about participating in MMA or boxing, but I do watch it. Some of those guys cut 20+ lbs before they fight.

Best of luck in the tourney. If you win, I will take my usual 10% :-)

This tournament would be MMA. I found a spot with 5-7 pro fighters my weight and if i move into their school i'll get better.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about?
    Shut up Rippetard

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    Shut up Rippetard
    I'm not disagreeing with him, I was just unable to extract any meaning from the post.

EDIT: Upon reading again, it seems you are participating in some sort of fighting event? Maybe you should consult a fighter. I think they would have more to offer than this site.
    Last edited by hamburgerfan; 08-24-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Just Get strong. You'll have better chances beating your opponents.

I think he is trying to do that, but he has to stay in his weight class. If he used to fighting at 185, if he weighs in at 195 for his tournament... it is going to suck. He will have to fight at 205, and a lot of those guys are 220ish and water cut for the weigh-in.

if i don't make 185 i don't fight. Its a 100k prize but its only that weight class fighting.
    I consult a lot of fighters i'm in a very good network. Weights aren't used in our program. Its all pads, mitts, sparing and conditioning. My network is very successful everyone really weight trains alone.

starting strength coach development program
    this program works with rapid weight and strength gains. try a texas method setup or 5x5, something that you progress weekly on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast