starting strength gym

Thread: Got an intern from a local school this week - put him on starting strength.

Default Got an intern from a local school this week - put him on starting strength.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    When you reach the 9th grade here in DK, your school will contact businesses and ask if they will accept a student who will then work for you a week, to get a feel of how working life is.

Being a self employed manufacturer I have such an intern this week, so he's been put on starting strength.

He did the following ( just turned 15 years old 61 kg, never trained with weights before, don't think he's ever really done anything...)

400 m treadmill
    warm up sets on all exercises
    Squat 3x5 40 kg parallel - I had to get a box out for him to get the sitting back part. After he got it he didn't use the box for the work sets. He went parallel on all reps.
    Press 2x5 25 kg
    Bench press we ended up going for 40 kilos, which he handled so nicely he got 10 reps, I was pretty impressed by that.
    Deadlift 1x5 60 kg. He could have lifted a lot more, but he had a tendency not to keep his back straight, so I didn't want to push it. He got 5 solid good looking reps.

Dips 3x5
    Chins 3xF he got 9 dead hangs on the first round.

I know, this was quite a big workout with 2 pressing exercises, but I wanted him to try the different big lifts. He tells me he wants to join a gym now - I told him, we can train together for the first month, if he does so, for added tuition. I also offered to sponsor a copy of Starting Strength if he is serious about starting.

Good. You converted someone who may go to spend his life lifting and go on to convert others. That's cool.

But what is "DK"? Is that Denmark? I can't remember.

Denmark, you are correct.