starting strength gym

Thread: Podcast

Default Podcast

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey Rip, would you ever consider doing a podcast that’s geared towards the masters lifter? More specifically like 60+? You put out a lot of good information on why people should be lifting at an older age. There’s always logical responses to Q&A on the podcast and little chunks of information whether it’s on the forums, videos, articles, or podcasts. But I think it would be cool if you guys went into depth in a podcast about what happens as you age, what to expect, and how weight lifting can help your everyday life as well as just getting over some of the stigma or intimidation one must get over to pick up a barbell at an older age. I think this would help a lot of people and selfishly I would love to have something like this I can send over to my parents and anyone else that needs to hear it.

We touch on this all the time, but I'll give it some thought.

Seconding. Wax poetically about muscle mass and all cause mortality. Many older people I’ve talked to seem to equate lifting weights with body building. It’s a distasteful thing to them. It’s preferable to work on flexibility, add some balance work, and get in lots of cardio. Losing weight and being thin is healthy.

I agree, and I’ve heard, read and watched most of the things you guys have touched on. But you have to be invested in your guys material to pick up all the great nuggets of information. I just think it would be very valuable to have something wrapped up in a podcast where you could pass it along to someone to listen to that might not be invested because they don’t know what they don’t know. Thanks for the response and the consideration Rip