starting strength gym

Thread: squat form check please....newbie

Default squat form check please....newbie

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    The starting strength book and forums have been an absolute gold mine to me. I should have the DVD on my doorstep today or tomorrow as well.

I will be 39 this December, I have a herniated disc in my neck and my lower back has hurt for years. I used to own and run my own semi-trucks...not good for backs.

6 foot 3 215 pounds, just started the program and I am hoping to get a form check before I get too far along. This is 165 pounds, 3rd working set...it is light I know, but I just started a few weeks ago and I am taking it slow and steady due to previous injuries. Also, I have never done any barbell lifting other than the bench press.

Thank you very much, I look forward to coming out to a seminar this year or early next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFyYW...ature=youtu.be

They look pretty good. Not quite enough hip drive, but nothing major wrong. How does your back feel?

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on hip drive with the drills I have seen in the forums.

Back wise....I was pretty nervous about doing squats due to the mis information I have heard my whole life....and I will say my back is feeling a lot better, I have come to the conclusion that my back pain has been due in large part to a weak back.

Thanks so much