starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give this a try for HIIT Cardio

Seems like a good idea, is there potential to damage the motor?

Sounds like torture! I'll try it!

This is genius.

Speaking of conditioning...

I've got a pretty neato hill literally just behind my apartment. It's used by pretty much every local sports team for conditioning. I'd estimate it's 70+ feet to the top and it's pretty steep.

I'm training 4 days a week with barbells (largely comprised of squats and olympic lifts, with deadlifting and pressing thrown in). Would it be too much to have two dedicated hill sessions a week? I mean I guess I'll find out when I start doing that, but just thought I'd ask while we're on the topic of conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatamon View Post
    Speaking of conditioning...

I've got a pretty neato hill literally just behind my apartment. It's used by pretty much every local sports team for conditioning. I'd estimate it's 70+ feet to the top and it's pretty steep.

I'm training 4 days a week with barbells (largely comprised of squats and olympic lifts, with deadlifting and pressing thrown in). Would it be too much to have two dedicated hill sessions a week? I mean I guess I'll find out when I start doing that, but just thought I'd ask while we're on the topic of conditioning.
    You can add in 2x/week. Start with moderate volume and build up over a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Seems like a good idea, is there potential to damage the motor?
    So far no. I've talked with a few other people who have been doing this for a while in their studios with clients and thus far the feedback has been that it does not damage the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    You can add in 2x/week. Start with moderate volume and build up over a few weeks
    Thanks. I'll get started on it tomorrow.

Stationary Prowler. I give it a year before it's on the market. You could adjust the resistance like adding weight. You should jump on it quick.

Been wanting to add HIIT in and no prowler at my gym.
    Ima try it but if I end up in a video on the "Joined a new gym" thread I'm blaming you.

starting strength coach development program
    Tried it this morning. Greatly underestimated it. Thought I would start easy with 15 intervals. Got 5.

Google showed it to be a thing. Looks like Star Trac is working on a sled version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast