starting strength gym

Thread: Wrist tendon problems

Default Wrist tendon problems

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Good morning all,
    Anyone have a good supplement suggestion for tendons. Been off training for about 3 weeks because I pulled some in my wrist doing farmers walks, ready to get back at it.

J Luke

Have you tried wrist wraps? Because of a repetitive stress injury in my left wrist from typing of all things, I have found that wraps help my wrists. I use them for almost every exercise, especially ones that involve twisting of the wrist such as dumbell curls and chinups.

Glucosamine chondroitin and MSM. I swear by the Trader Joe's blend. Since I note you hale from Wisconsin, there are stores in the People's Republic of Madison and Milwaukee. I suppose other brands are good too, but that's what I buy.

You might also want to take some turmeric/curicumin for a while to help with any inflammation.

If the pain is limiting your movement, as was my case, I suggest you take corticosteroids local injection. It will take two days to release it.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the responses. Thankfully, no restrictions to movement. Been wearing Tommy Copper wrist sleeves during the day. Rogue wrist wraps when lifting (light for a while), icing after, Advil when needed. So far so good.