starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best for Abs??

Default Best for Abs??

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi, I was wondering what routines people had for abs. I know a good diet is the key, got that. But looking for training regime that's been successful for others. Thanks ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by ajmakries View Post
    Hi, I was wondering what routines people had for abs. I know a good diet is the key, got that. But looking for training regime that's been successful for others. Thanks ahead of time!
    Eat less.

If you're talking actual abdominal strength - Squats and Deadlifts. Isolation wise, again where strength is concerned, things like isometric holds, leg raises, situps. Having actual "shredded abs" is a combination of having a lower bodyfat percentage and getting lucky with that distribution of bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by Strength_Power_Progress View Post
    If you're talking actual abdominal strength - Squats and Deadlifts. Isolation wise, again where strength is concerned, things like isometric holds, leg raises, situps. Having actual "shredded abs" is a combination of having a lower bodyfat percentage and getting lucky with that distribution of bodyfat.
    Correct^

Planks work more core muscle. Ive done weighted incline situps. If you back can't handle those, do planks.
    If your looking to see abs, your bf will need to be around 6%. Bbing is about paper thin skin.
    Last edited by lou t; 11-07-2015 at 07:08 AM.

The Ab Wheel is King

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    The Ab Wheel is King
    yup....have you used the wheel from a standing position?

I forgot to mention....superman pushups are the test for strong core. if you can do 20 reps your doing pretty good

chemo

Good lighting and photoshop.

Crackheads often have visible abs.

starting strength coach development program
    For a novice? Heavy barbell work that gets progressively heavier each time you train.
    For an early intermediate? Heavy barbell work that gets progressively heavier weekly along with eating your bodyweight in protein per day and enough carbs + fat to maintain a bodyfat less than 15-17%. I might, might start working in a few sets of ab wheel, planks, or L sit/tuck holds 2x/wk.
    For a late intermediate? eating your bodyweight in protein per day and enough carbs + fat to maintain a bodyfat less than 15-17% (or leaner if you're getting really competitive/are physique oriented/are <220lbs). I would also do ab wheel, planks, L sit/tuck/V sit/gymnastic variants 2-3x/wk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast